AddThis

Share |

Saturday, August 28, 2010

John Lennon; His words will echo in time forever

When John Lennon said, in the classic song "Imagine";

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today



He was not only telling you about an idealistic world he was putting forth in his mind’s eye, but also a philosophy that very few understand till this day. He broke down the fundamental principles of new thought in this brilliant 3 minute song. The Beatles in general spoke of these principles especially after their time with the famous Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. But this song really hits the hearts of many as the song has many levels of truth and speaks volumes of John's ability as a song writer.

He was suggesting that we Live in this moment, and strive for the betterment of mankind, and not to do this because of a reward or punishment that awaits you after you leave this physical reality. He understood the Universal connection of all living beings and not to be afraid of exploring the self. Which many scholars agree that the concept of hell and it’s theoretical placement below our beings is a way of deterring self exploration as looking inward is titled as looking below the self, where Hell supposedly exists.

To continue the song and words of true knowledge from the immortal John Lennon, they are continued below. Truly allow your mind to analyze what he is trying to tell you as only he could.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am an author and proud member of New Thought Movement Publishing’s family of authors. My latest book “15 days to a beautiful life" is out and doing well. My latest title and collaboration project from "Chicken soup for the soul illustrator Steve Barr will be out this fall. You can find my titles and other great new thought authors at: http://newthoughtmovementpublishing.info My latest social movement has connected me with many people who help me with the task of reminding people to look with-in for their true essence. If you’re looking to get involved with this program go to: http://newthoughtmedia.ning.com I can be found on numerous websites and my writings can be seen in many publications. You can goto the source of those articles at my blog which is syndicated in various publications. Http://Learnaboutyou.blogspot.com You can find my latest main stream project at which is also being shopped for syndication at: http://trulythink.blogspot.com

Slideshow