AddThis

Share |

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Tribute to Bob Sheppard


There is an old Sports Bar trivia question;
Who is the only Man to play for the Giants, Yankees and Rangers?

The answer is Bob Sheppard and for those of you who do not know who this man is. He was the Announcer and organ player for the Yankees, Giants and Rangers and has been doing so since 1951. Now I am not a Ranger fan but my heart has a NY Yankee symbol on it and my blood is Giant Blue. This may sound odd coming from the New Thought Founder but it’s true. I have always had a healthy (at time obsessive) outlook on sports, and love to play till this day.

All kidding aside sports has been there for me since day one. When I dreamed and aspired as a child, I aspired to be great in sports and a super hero. Either creation is subject to interpretation but I like to think they both came true.
Naturally because Sports is such a huge part of my life, Mr. Bob Sheppard was too. A wonderful human being and the voice that announced Legends like Derek Jeter, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Roger Maris, Reggie Jackson, and Whitey Ford. All the for-mentioned are greatly responsible for a ton of inspiration and many smiles and maybe none as much as Bob.

Obviously Bob Dreamed Big and he gave us all something to focus on in our mind’s eye which is invaluable. I like every other kid has day dreamed exactly that and if I knew these Universal Laws as a younger child I would be the starting Line Backer and Clean Up hitter for the Giants and Yankees. Lucky for the world and the NFC East I didn’t choose that road but I do not wish to digress from the tribute.
Bob Sheppard was an exceptional professional and was respected by everyone in baseball, football and hockey. He was the Regis of sports, people loved to hear him announce their favorite players name and you had the chills every time he spoke. I will never forget the first time I heard Bob Sheppard’s voice and it was truly something unforgettable.

Although Bob has left his body I will tell anyone who lives near Yankee Stadium that you can still hear Bob announce your favorite player’s name. Derek Jeter asked bob to record his name and will only allow Bob to announce his name. Although I am sure they will show that on TV, it’s something that you should experience in person as it is a once in a life time opportunity.

But for now, those of you who know Bob feel free to insert your name where mine is and whatever number you like is fine. This one is for you BOB!
Now batting

Number 55;
Joseph Anthony;
Number 55

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am an author and proud member of New Thought Movement Publishing’s family of authors. My latest book “15 days to a beautiful life" is out and doing well. My latest title and collaboration project from "Chicken soup for the soul illustrator Steve Barr will be out this fall. You can find my titles and other great new thought authors at: http://newthoughtmovementpublishing.info My latest social movement has connected me with many people who help me with the task of reminding people to look with-in for their true essence. If you’re looking to get involved with this program go to: http://newthoughtmedia.ning.com I can be found on numerous websites and my writings can be seen in many publications. You can goto the source of those articles at my blog which is syndicated in various publications. Http://Learnaboutyou.blogspot.com You can find my latest main stream project at which is also being shopped for syndication at: http://trulythink.blogspot.com

Slideshow